Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thing 13 - del.icio.us

I have been quite confused about this Thing. But once I sorted out the terminology; bookmark = favourites I was happier. However at this stage in my life I don't think I need to spend the time exploring this tool. I can't honestly think if a reason for using it in a library situation and for my own needs using Favourites is quite adequate. I can rearrange my favourites list however I want and see at a glance what I have access to without signing in to yet another website.
If any other Canberra 2.0 bloggers can tell me of a wonderful use for it I will be happy to hear it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I've also registered for this course but my blog doesn't show in the Participants Blogs.

I use del.icio.us in a school situation, in fact there are a couple of school librarians and a National librarian on my network if you would like to check it out. The link to it is on my Thing 13 blog post, my blog being http://justuschikens.blogspot.com

Cheers

Explorer said...

Hi missmarple. Thanks for your comment and the link to your blog and the school's del.icio.us site. It is all much clearer now and I can see that it would be of use to share information among groups of people with similar needs or interests.
Explorer