Sunday, December 16, 2007

Things 20 & 21 - YouTube & Podcasts

YouTube - well what can one say about this Web 2.0 tool. I'm afraid that it doesn't really appeal to me although I did laugh at the lady dropping the cake when someone emailed it to me. But I can't really be bothered to sort through thousands (millions?) of junky clips just to find the useful jewel. I haven't put a YouTube video on this blog because we are no longer able to access them at work - they are too space hungry - and I for one don't mind at all.
The above sentiments are pretty much the same for podcasts. I know that there are jewels out there but it takes time to find them. I found the podcast directories very confusing and hard to navigate. And when it comes to podcasts of presentations that I know will be interesting I'd much prefer to read them, particularly if they are quite long. I'm not sure I understand why you would want to have them as an RSS feed, they don't seem to be an ongoing sort of thing but appear for a very short time on a particular topic. Anyway not my favourite Tools.

No comments: